FULL NAME: Dharmedhar Mahanta (also known as Putu and Dharma)
BORN: 1st July, 1990 at Chhelianala village in Mayurbhanj district of Odisha.
HOME ADDRESS: At- Chhelianala, PS- Raruan, Dist- Mayurbhanj, Odisha.
TELEPHONE: 09776130419 (Mobile)
FAMILY: Father (Rangadhar Mahanta), mother (Purnami Mahanta) and one brother (Deepak Mahanta).
EDUCATION: Plus Three final year arts student of Chitala Mahavidyalaya, Jajpur.
TRAINING PLACE: SAI Training Centre, Cuttack since 2006.
COACH: Sushant Kumar Ray
TYPE OF ATHLETE: Hurdler-cum-sprinter
* Bronze medal in 400m hurdles of the State Athletic Championship in 2005.
* Bagged four gold (2 each in 110m and 400m hurdles) and 2 bronze (high jump and 400m) medals in State Championships held at Cuttack and Adaspur in 2007 and 2008 respectively.
* Won three gold medals (boys-20 110m hurdles, 400m hurdles and 4x100m relay) in the 21st East Zone Athletics Championship held at Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar from Aug 16 to 18, 2009.
* Bagged two gold medals in 110m hurdles and 4x400m relay and one silver in 400m hurdles at the East Zone Junior Championship at Jamshedpur in 2008.
* Bagged gold in 4x400m relay and silver in 110m and 400m hurdles at the East Zone Junior Championship at Patna in 2007.
* His first national level competition was the All-India Shishu Vidya Mandir Games at Hyderabad, where he finished fourth in 600m run in 2004.
* Bronze medal in 400m hurdles event of the Junior National Meet at Vijaywada (AP) in 2007.
* Bronze medal in 4x400m relay event of the Junior Inter-Zonal Meet at Guntur (AP) in 2007.
* Gold in 110m hurdles (14.79 sec), silver in 4x400m relay and bronze in 400m hurdles events of the Junior Inter-Zonal Athletic Championship at Jamshedpur in 2008.
* Three bronze medals (110m hurdles, 400m hurdles and 4x400m relay) at the Federation Cup Junior Athletics Championship at Pune in 2008.
* Bronze in 110m hurdles event of the Junior National Meet at Mysore in 2008.
* Gold in 400m hurdles, silver in 110m hurdles and 4x100m relay at the 9th Federation Cup Junior Athletics Championship at Lucknow from July 24 to 26, 2009.
* Won two silver medals in u-20 boys 110m hurdles (14.53s) and 4x100m relay in the 25th National Junior Athletics Championship at Warangal (AP) on Nov 21, 2009.
OTHER NOTABLE DATA:
* Father Rangadhar, an army man, inspired him to take to athletics.
* Dharmedhar reckons Tata Sports Complex, Jamshedpur as his favourite ground.
* Received coaching for a month in the Junior National Camp for Commonwealth Games at Pune in 2008.
PROFILE FIRST UPLOADED: December 10, 2009
PROFILE LAST UPDATED: July 10, 2013