FULL NAME: Anwesh Upadhyaya
BORN: July 9, 1992 at Bhubaneswar
PRESENT ADDRESS: Plot No M–45, Baramunda Housing Board Colony, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, PIN-751003.
PERMANENT ADDRESS: Benapura, Rajghat, Balasore, Odisha, PIN: 756030.
TELEPHONE NO: Residence: 91674-2550875. Office: 91674-2553929. Mobile: 91-9437090963, 91-94376 27850.
E-MAIL ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
FAMILY: Only son of Dr Netaji Upadhyaya and Dr Jayashree Upadhyaya.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION: Plus Three first year student of Basic Science College, Bhubaneswar.
COACH: Rajendra Kumar Sahu (Regular), IM Neeraj Kumar Mishra and IM Sekhar Sahu (both for advance).
AICF REGISTRATION NO: 52938
FIDE ID NO: 5028949
FIDE RATING: 2435 by February, 2011.
FIRST TOURNAMENT: The First Telegraph Schools’ Chess Tournament 2001, Bhubaneswar
BEST GAME OF CAREER: As an unrated player he beat Subodh Lakhey (2086).
AMBITION: To achieve Grandmaster title
HOBBIES: Reading English story books and novels
OTHER INTEREST: Traveling in train and watching trains going and waiting at platform.
* Champion in 1st State Level Open School Tournament at Bhubaneswar in 2003.
* Runner-up in 12th State Sub-junior (Boys) Championship at Bhubaneswar in 2004.
* Champion in 18th Bhubaneswar School Championship at Bhubaneswar in 2004.
* Champion in 18th Bhubaneswar Open Tournament at Bhubaneswar in 2005.
* Runner-up in 7th All-Orissa Open Tournament (Senior Group) at Belpahar in 2005.
* Won the title in the State U–25 Championship at Bhubaneswar in 2005.
* Runner-up in the 19th Bhubaneswar School Championship at Bhubaneswar in 2005.
* Runner-up in Orissa State Sub-junior Championship at Puri in 2006.
* Became the youngest State senior champion by winning the 47th edition at Ispat Stadium, Rourkela on April 26, 2007.
* Won the boys’ title in the State Youth (u-17) Championship at Utkal Hindi Vidyapitha, Puri in June, 2007.
* Regained the State Senior title at Rourkela on July 28, 2009.
* Won the boys` title in the State Junior (u-19) championship at Cuttack on August 9. 2009.
* Won the boys` title in the State Under-17 Championship at Berhampur on August 29, 2009.
* Won the title in the Odisha State Blitz Chess Championship at Barabati Stadium in Cuttack on July 28, 2013.
* Under-12 boys’ runner-up in Telegraph Schools (National) Tournament at Kolkata in 2003.
* Finished 76th in the 43rd National `B` Championship at New Delhi in 2005.
* Finished 4th in the 19th National Children (U-13 Boys) Championship at Howrah in 2005.
* Qualified for the National `A` for the first time by finishing 14th in the National `B` championship at Kolkata in August 2009.
* Finished third in the 39th National Junior (u-19) Chess Championship at Chennai on Sept 28, 2009.
* Won the title in the open category of he 20th National U-17 Chess Championship at Chakradharpur, Jharkhand on Oct 14, 2009.
* Finished 16th in the Asian Youth (U-14 Boys) Championship at New Delhi in 2005.
* Finished 4th in Parsvanath International Open Chess Tournament at New Delhi in 2006.
* Won the individual silver and team gold in the under-18 open category of the Asian Youth Chess Championship at Beijing, China on July 14, 2010.
* Finished 11th in the under-18 open category of the World Youth Chess Championship at Halkidiki in Greece on October 30, 2010.
* Emerged champion in the 2nd Buddhi International Chess Tournament at Nittabuwa in Sri Lanka on October 11, 2011.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
* Became the fourth International Master of Orissa by securing his third and final norm in the under-18 open category of the World Youth Chess Championship at Halkidiki in Greece on October 30, 2010.
* Completed High School (ICSE) in 2008-09 from Stewart School, Bhubaneswar.
PROFILE FIRST UPLOADED: October 21, 2011
PROFILE LAST UPDATED: July 30, 2013